Together with donors and community members, PSS/Buenos Vecinos has…
- Constructed 10 community water projects, 5 of those in partnership with Amigos of Honduras
- Pioneered development of Kindermilk program, in conjunction with D.O.E.R.S. (Dominican Overseas Education and Relief Society), in 11 schools, providing daily nutrition to malnourished children
- Constructed a 6-room Community Health Clinic, which will serve nearly 10,000 people in 12 neighboring villages
- Instituted a Sweet Potato Breakfast Program in village schools, including school gardens
- Instituted ongoing dental and hygiene workshops for village children
- Started an ongoing vitamin and deworming program in schools thanks to collaboration with D.O.E.R.S.
- In conjunction with Manos de Jesus, the neighborhood church that serves the poorest barrio of Copan, started a Sunday lunch program for over 100 malnourished children in the area.
- Beginning in June 2014, began a highly popular recycling for soap exchange in two communities, which we are hoping to expand!
In addition, we regularly collaborate with the local health centers in Copan Ruinas to provide programs and resources for families with health needs.